Saturday, April 3, 2010

Linchpin

If it’s yes, I will not stop until it’s done, right? So I can write a book in three weeks; I didn’t write this book in three weeks but I have written other books in three weeks. Because if you don’t watch TV and you don’t go on twitter and you don’t go on Facebook and you don’t go to meetings, which I don’t, there’s a lot of time, especially if you write like you talk and you refuse to let the resistance get in the way of what you’re saying. So it’s not that people have trouble writing or painting or doing customer service, it’s that they don’t want to because leaning into it all the way, all the way, is painful. It’s scary. And so you’ve got to decide, is that what you’re going to do for a living? If not go work at 7-11. It’s safer.